I went through a couple domain names before landing on
micmax.pw. I use the first three letters of my given name and surname for everything nowadays. It makes for a unique domain & email. Thanks Palau for the TLD! I plan on sticking with this one until death does me in
Here is Palau on a map, located northeast of Philippines and Indonesia in the Pacific Ocean.
Most unique TLD’s prior to the introduction of
.pizza were based on country codes. They are often used for short URL sites or in combination with the second-level domain to complete a word. YouTube has an example of both
youtu.be thanks to Belgium. I was going to buy the domain
straw.pl from Poland to host my straw poll app, but it got sniped.
Aerial view of the Ngerukewid islands - Wow isn’t it beautiful, that water is blue!
- Named after the Palauan word for village - Canada is similar
- 340 islands, 459 km2, 18,000 people
- Gained full sovereignty in 1994
- $22.4 million from exports - top 3: 56% non-fillet fresh fish, 16% computers, 14% radio things
- Economy consists primarily of tourism, subsistence agriculture, and fishing
- Main tourist activity is scuba diving at its barrier reefs and WWII shipwrecks
- No property or sales tax!
- Currency is the United States Dollar
- Created the world’s first shark sanctuary in 2009
- Palau is served by an 80 bed hospital
- 36 of the 61 kilometers of highway are paved
- Baseball is a popular sport; the first Palauan played in the MLB in June 2022
- Used by Japan to support its 1941 invasion of the Philippines
- Fruit bat soup is a commonly referenced Palauan delicacy
My previous personal website domain names were
mkmxwl.ca if I recall correctly. I can’t find either on Wayback Machine